I am not talking about technology. In 1998, I still got my music by buying cds, I had never texted and I don’t think I even had a cell phone. If I did, it made phone calls, it didn’t tell me who the current quarterback is for the Minnesota Vikings. The way we live our day to day life has changed dramatically, but I was thinking about what I am calling STILL. Not the Lionel Richie song, but as in I AM STILL:
- Struggling with my weight. I got on the scale this weekend and almost fainted. It isn’t an issue with my dryer, as I been telling myself over the past few weeks, so back to trying to get off 15 pounds, yet again!
- Not financially secure. I have had various degrees of this issue over the years. This year better than last, but not as good as 10 years ago.
- Working incredibly hard. I never thought at this age I would still be hauling equipment into clubs, worrying about job security and exploring ways to make myself more marketable.
So I decided to look at the OTHER STILLS. As in I AM STILL:
- Moving all my weight around, able to do physical things I would have never imagined and enjoying good health.
- Bringing in income, at not one, but two very different jobs, that allow me to have a roof over my head and food for me and my four legged family.
- Working incredibly hard. Entertaining people and helping them have a great birthday, a great Halloween, or just a great weekend after a lousy week at work. Learning new things every day and being challenged at a job, while knowing there might be another wonderful opportunity just around the corner. Creating, be it set lists, my blog or a new home project.
- Laughing every day! At my life, at the D-Man, at Samantha and Kato, or at something someone says at a gig or at work.